My favorite part of BBQ season is that I don’t have to turn on the oven. It also means salads and hamburgers and many other things that can be prepared during the day without having to wait until 4 o’clock comes around to start cooking everything. Potato salad comes in all sorts of varieties but this is the most common type I make which is basically a creamy cubed potato salad. You can throw whatever you have in the fridge in it and mix up the dressing based on your own tastes. For this recipe I used Miracle Whip because it was the closest I had to regular mayonnaise. I also tried a new ingredient this time, Balsamic Vinegar Mayonnaise and it was a great substitute to just regular white vinegar.
What you’ll need: ~6 Potatoes, 1/2 Onion, 2 Pickles, 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, Mayonnaise, Mustard (Yellow or Honey Dijon), Dill, Balsamic Vinegar Mayonnaise (or just white vinegar), Salt/Pepper
- Cube and cook approximately 6 medium potatoes
- Boil 2 eggs
- Chop pickles and onion and hard-boiled eggs into small cubes
- Mix together 1 C Mayonnaise, 1/4 C Balsamic Vinegar Mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp Mustard, 2 Tsp Dried Dill, Salt and Pepper. (If not using Balsamic Vinegar Mayonnaise – increase regular mayonnaise and add 1 Tbsp white vinegar)
- Drain potatoes, add chopped pickles, eggs, onion and mix in sauce
- Chill for several hours before serving